Monday, October 12, 2009

I am home.


The day and a half that I spent with Thich Nhat Hanh and the monastics of Blue Cliff Monastery was nothing short of amazing. I left feeling rested, energized and inspired, and anxious to learn more about Buddhism. We had two dharma talks

morning chants, lunch meditation, deep meditation

and the most amazing walking meditation outside on streets closed to traffic.


I've always been fascinated by the lessons of compassion, peace and patience taught by Zen Buddhism, but could never quite figure out how to incorporate a practice into my life. I am anxious, after this weekend, to find a way to do so.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool Kelly! A close friend of my husband got married on Saturday and his Dad who is a Zen/Buddhist priest married them. It was a great ceremony...there's no "official" marriage rite in Buddhism so Gary performed a simple tea ceremony and explained a teaching about coming to marriage, life and zen with an empty cup to fill - it was great!

    ReplyDelete