Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Back From My Summer Sabbatical!

There's something about summer, this summer in particular, that makes me lazy. Maybe it's the heat, or the lack of structure...but I'm feeling re-energized by the autumnal weather!

I've been doing some reading, and some thinking, and just trying to simplify my days. I've been hanging out with the kids, playing with the hose and the sprinkler in the backyard, spending time with friends, and enjoying the being-ness as opposed to the doing-ness. Well, mostly enjoying it - I can't say there haven't been moments of anxiety, of "I should be doing (fill in the blank) instead of sitting here doing nothing!" But I'm trying to learn to sit with them instead of giving in.

Anyway, I think I'm ready to start the fall, and school for Bess, and activities, and regular life with a fresher perspective. I hope so, anyway. I think I had a productive summer of working on me a bit.

How about you? How have you spent your summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment