Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Just Checking In

I've decided to take some time during the slow and lazy days of summer to take a step back from many of my responsibilities and activities and try to just Be. I haven't been writing, or reading my usual blogs too much - I've been focusing more on reading books (there's just something about holding a book in your hands, isn't there??) and being outside with my family and friends. I have been thinking a lot about community - what it means and how to build one - and I've decided that it is time for me to make a commitment to spending less time at the keyboard and more time with my peeps. We've spent time with grandparents, had a tie-dye party yesterday, had dinner with friends, and attended lots of playdates and park trips.

On that note, I'm off to snuggle with Bess on the couch for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment