Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Bright Side

I've been in a pretty foul mood for the past several days. I'm really upset about my dog having cancer, and I got a sunburn while at the beach, and my dishwasher is broken again, Harry is sick yet again, and Bess is wearing me down with the INCESSANT noise noise noise noise!

So, while washing the many, many dishes that have accumulated in the past day and feeling very un-Zen about it, I decided that I need to change my attitude. So here it goes:

I am grateful that I have had twelve years with an amazing creature who has changed my life for the better, and I am grateful that I have the means to keep her comfortable for the time she has left.

I am grateful that I was able to enjoy some time outdoors with my family this past weekend.

I am grateful that I had a delicious and nourishing meal with my husband and children this evening.

I am grateful to have the flexibility in my life and my job that I can be available to comfort my sick baby.

I am grateful to have a healthy, energetic, intelligent and curious daughter who is in love with life.

Breathing in....breathing out....

No comments:

Post a Comment