Monday, August 30, 2010

Babywearing for Beginners

These last couple of weeks have been CRAZY around here! Bess has had camp for two weeks and so did John, so I've been trying to get her where she needs to be, manage Harry in the meantime, make sure everyone is fed, clean, and getting adequate sleep - and all with little help from the other parental unit while he's busy working very long days, leaving before we're up and coming home after we're asleep. We spent this past weekend in Rochester to end our whirlwind weeks, and now we have about ten days to recover before school starts.

In the meantime, I had a guest post over at Go Green Street on Babywearing Basics:

I don’t know how I would have gotten through my children’s early years without babywearing. My daughter was an extremely high-needs baby and demanded constant physical contact, and then when my son came along, I needed to keep with my then-high-needs toddler. I recall a trip I took with my kids to Washington D.C. where the baby spent the entire weekend in the sling, nursing, sleeping, and sightseeing. I never had to worry about dragging a stroller around and I had two free hands available for my daughter.

Visit here to read the entire post, and send the link to all your friends!

I am a scholar-turned-mother/activist who is interested in sustainable living and social justice. I have published a number of articles and given presentations internationally on the topics of voluntary simplicity and humane parenting. Learn more at my website www.beautifulfriendships.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment